Docente Investigador ARQ.ID | Coordenador Mestrado e Doutoramento URBANISMO
Co-Editor with Carlos Guimarães and Editor Manager of arquitecturas, Bianual Journal of Architecture.
CienciaVitae | ReaserchGate | LISBON SOUNDSCAPES
Architect Researcher at Lusófona University in Lisbon.
PhD. in architecture, University of Nantes, architectural and urban ambiances option. Project Coordinator at Parque EXPO where he managed the study of the Algiers PDAU (Urban Planning Project and Strategy) from 2013 to 2017, with a vision for 20 years 2015-2035. Project Manager for the preparation of the Rehabilitation Operations of the Medina of Meknes in Morocco for the B.E.I. He collaborated on several researches, notably on mediated sociability at the beginning of Internet practices. He worked on sound comfort in the inhabited milieu whose thesis is published. Has filed a patent from which he spent several years developing a predictive method of representing the soundscape, first with a grant of postdoc (FCT) and after with a granted investigation project (FCT) eyeHear Soundscapes. He is an international consultant in soundscape. Was consultant until Feb 2019, to the Wilaya of Algiers and CNERU on the question of the Plan of Algiers and the waterfront of the city.
Invited Professor at FAUP and Associate Professor at FCATI, ULP.
CIÊNCIAVitae | PERSONAL WEBSITE | ACADEMIA.EDU | LinkedIN
Graça Correia founded CORREIA/RAGAZZI ARQUITECTOS in 2005 with Roberto Ragazzi. She graduated from FAUP (Faculdade de Arquitectura do Porto) in 1989 and until 1995 collaborated with Eduardo Souto de Moura. Started her individual trajectory as an architect and in 2000 begins a partnership with Eduardo Souto de Moura developing several co-authored projects, namely the ongoing Rehabilitation of the Robinson Factoryin Portalegre. Defended her PhD thesis in 2006 at the UPC (Universitat Politécnica da Catalunha) which made the final selection for the ARQUIA 2007 Competition. Was a member of the Portuguese Architects Association from 2005 until 2013. Graça has been invited to integrate juries, give lectures and conferences in Portugal and abroad. Published several articles and in 2008 the book RuyAthouguia: A Modernidade em Aberto; in 2013 was invited to publish the book Ruy D’Athouguia as a part of a collection on Portuguese architects. Graça has received several distinctions, national and international awards.
Alongside her architecture practice has been teaching since 1990 at several universities; at the moment teaches at FAUP and integrates the new direction board of the architecture graduate degree at Universidade Lusófona, Porto.
AREAS OF INTEREST
- 2008 – Title book RUY ATHOUGUIA – A MODERNIDADE EM ABERTO, Editora Caleidoscópio, ISBN: 978-989-8129-39-0
- 2010 – Title article “ Portalegre – reconversion of the Robinson Cork Factory” in Archaeology’s places and contemporary uses, Università IUAV di Venezia, ISBN: 978-88-87697-10-0
- 2012 – Title article “Concurso para o Plano Geral de Ordenamento e Requalificação do Espaço Robinson” in Concursos de Arquitectura – Série: Arquitectura Y Urbanismo, Universidad de Valladolid, ISBN: 978-989-640-106-1
- 2012 – Title article “Edifícios Monumentales como Esculturas Públicas” in CIAB 5 Congresso Internacional de Arquitectura Blanca, General de Ediciones de Arquitectura, ISBN: 978-84-939845-3-3
Assistant Professor, Ph.D.
João Borges da Cunha (Lisbon, 1973) holds a Ph.D. in Cultural Studies from the Catholic University of Portugal, and a Degree in Architecture from the Faculty of Architecture of the University of Lisbon. His doctoral thesis, entitled «Representation, immersion and interiors: «Cultures of Space in “To the Lighthouse and “Buddenbrooks”», provides a comparative reading of two emblematic novels of the early 20th century, regarding their spatial, architectural and cultural backdrop. He has been an Assistant Professor as well as the Students Manager at the Department of Architecture and Urban Planning in Universidade Lusófona de Humanidades e Tecnologias [ULHT], Lisbon, where he’s been teaching in undergraduate and post-graduate level. He’s also a writer of fiction, having been awarded the Gulbenkian Foundation/ Branquinho da Fonseca Literary Prize, to his novella Amor de Miraflores. He’s a playwriter as well and has also been a set designer in several stage productions in Portugal.
AREAS OF INTEREST
- Theory of Architecture, Architectural Culture, Visual Culture, Inter-arts Studies
- Cunha, Borges da Cunha (2020), «Phantasmagorias of the Post-Colonial Interiors» in Papers to the 4th International Congress on Ambiances, Ambiances, Alloaesthesia: Senses, Inventions, Worlds 4th International Congress on Ambiances, Universidade de Santa Barbara, California, USA & Ambiances Network – CY Cergy Paris University. [Vol. 1, p. 210-215] [https://ambiances2020.ambiances.net/]
- Cunha, Borges da Cunha (2018) «Cityspaces as Interior Settings: on an Inside Out Effect in the Cities Under New Capitalism» in Revista de Comunicação e Linguagem, nº 48, pp.67-77. [RCL – Cities of the Future No 48 (2018)]
- Cunha, João Borges da (2013), «The Bernhardian Cachectonica: figures of architectural discomfort and distress in Thomas Bernhard’s fiction», in Gadanho, Pedro, Oliveira, Susana (Ed.), Once Upon a Place: Architecture & Fiction, Lisboa: Caleidoscópio; pp. 169-175.
- Cunha, João Borges da, Lourenço, Jorge Fazenda (2011), Corpo, Arquitectura, Poema: Leituras inter-artes na poesia de Jorge de Sena, Lisboa: Assírio & Alvim.
- Cunha, João Borges da (2010) «Amor de Miraflores» in Lissabon – Eine literarische Einladung, Herausgegeben von Gaby Wurster, Berlin: Salto.
- 2016/ 2019 – Partner Member of e-FIADE – Exploring the Field of Interaction in Architectural Design Studio, coordinator TOBB-ETÜ University – Ankara/ Turkey, partners: Eindhoven University of Technology, the Netherlands, University of Zagreb/ Croatia, Mimar Sinan University of Fine Arts, Intanbul/ Turkey, EAAE (European Association for Architectural Education), Paris/ France, EAAE (European Association for Architectural Education) Genève/ Switzerland.
- Apr 2018 – Invited tutor in the European workshop MATERIART – the figure, coordinator: Tobb Ekonomi ve Teknoloji Üniversitesi, Tobb University of Economics and Technology, TOBB ETU – Ankara/ Turkey; partners: Fachhochschule Münster, FH Münster, Gr, İstanbul Teknik Üniversitesi, İstanbul Technical University, ITU, Tr, aUniversidade de Lisboa, University of Lisbon, Ulisboa, Pt, a Universidade Lusófona de Humanidades e Tecnologias, Lusófona University, ULHT, Pt, Panepistimio Thesalias, University of Thessaly, UTH, Gr, Technische Universiteit Eindhoven, Eindhoven University of Technology, TU/e.
Ph.D degree in Architecture, University of Polytechnic of Catalonia, School of Architecture (ETSAB-UPC), 2006.
Has a degree in Architecture, Oporto School of Architecture (FAUP), 1991. Obtained a scholarship grant, FCT-MES for PhD studies in the PhD Program of the Department of Architectural Projects of ETSAB (Barcelona School of Architecture) of University of Polytechnic of Catalonia.
Professor of 2º and 3º cycle of Architectural Studies of Theory and Design Studio of Architecture, both at the University of Lusófona of Oporto (ULP) and at University of Beira Interior (UBI).
PhD researcher at the laboratory Arq.ID, (Architecture Research and Development of Lusófona universitY ) and at the Center for Studies in Architecture and Urbanism (CEAU) of the Faculty of Architecture of the University of Porto (2011) as part of the Atlas da Casa Group.
She has published articles concerning theory and practice of contemporary architecture in International journals and Conferences (docomomo international, CA2RE+, etc.) and has given conferences, communications and participated in national and international workshops.
She has Professional practice since 1991, in collaboration with Álvaro Siza office as coordinator of design project team of several works (Library of University of Aveiro, Marco de Canaveses Church and Parish Center, Town Square (Plaza) and parking of Momadona in Guimarães, Town Square (Plaza) and parking, General plan and Dweling of Felgueiras municipality, etc).
Founded her architecture office in 1998 in Oporto (erja-arquitectos). She is author and co-author of projects of a diverse nature (housing, public equipment buildings, planning and design of urban space), having obtained several prizes and mentions (shortlist) in several public competitions.
Pedro Ressano Garcia (1967) is an architect who divides his time between research, teaching and the practice of architecture. He is currently sharing his time between projects of architecture and urban design and the development of studies and ideas, for him research nourishes practice, teaching inspires both and his production is influenced by all three. Garcia has lived and worked in various waterfront cities, Barcelona, Lisbon, Quebec, Oporto, Rio de Janeiro, San Francisco.
In 1995 at Berkeley, he received his Master’s degree in architecture supported by a Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation full grant. He began teaching at the University of California, Berkeley in 1996. In 2008 received his PhD Degree from Universidade Portucalense, Porto, in partnership with Architectural Association Graduate School, London, on the subject of waterfronts.
Garcia has published widely in books, magazines, international conferences, he is a visiting scholar at international conferences and workshops. In 2010 he started coordinating the European Workshops on Waterfront Urban Design and he is currently the coordinator of the H2020 MSCA-RISE, linking research and innovation on waterfront through technology for excellence of resilience to face climate change.