PhD Architect, Professor and Researcher. Invited Assistant Professor at FCAATI – University Lusófona of Porto and at the Faculty of Architcture of University of Porto. She was visiting professor at the Technical University of Munich (2019) and has participated as author and speaker in international congresses and conferences.
Neiva is a founding member of the research group “Narratives of the Educational Project in Architecture” at CEAU-FAUP and vice-director of Arq. ID – Architecture, Research and Development at Universidade Lusófona.
She was curator of the exhibitions “Porto – The City, the School and the masters” for UABB 2015 (Shenzhen, China), “Lo studio Ginoulhiac – 10 Anni. 10 Case. 10 Temi di Architettura” (Bergamo and Porto, 2019) and co-author of the exhibition project for the exhibition “Vicente. The Myth in Lisbon” (Lisbon, 2019).
She has co-organized events such as “Ludic Architecture – IV International Meeting on Educational Devices and Spaces in Architecture” (2017) and “International Conference Cycle Context(s) in Contemporary Architecture: 5 Continents” (2018-2019). Besides her academic career she works as a practitioner architect at diverse programmes and scales of intervention.
AREAS OF INTEREST
Architecture Exhibitions, Exhibition Design, Spatial Practices, Curatorial Studies, Curation, Education, Mediation, Immersive Installations, Health and Wellbeing
- Ginoulhiac, Marco; Neiva, Ana; Rodrigues. José Miguel. (eds). 2019. O atelier Ginoulhiac. 10 anos, 10 casas, 10 temas de arquitectura | The Ginoulhiac atelier. 10 years, 10 houses, 10 themes of architecture. Porto: Faculdade de Arqui¬tectura da Universidade do Porto. ISBN: 978-989-8527-39-4.
- Neiva, Ana; Ginoulhiac, Marco; Coelho, Rodrigo. (eds.) 2017. Ludic Architecture. Porto: Centro de Estudos de Arquite¬tura e Urbanismo, Faculdade de Arquitetura da Universidade do Porto. ISBN: 9788496712553
Peer reviewed book chapters
- Neiva, Ana. “From Fantasy to Experimentation: The one-to-one scale in Architecture Exhibitions”. Kong, Mário S. M. Monteiro, Maria R. (eds.). 2019. Intelligence, creativity and fantasy, 5th International Multidisciplinary Congress PHI. London: Taylor & Francis Group. 106-111. ISBN 9780367277192 | Doi: https://doi.org/10.1201/9780429297755
- Neiva, Ana. Dias, José Cabral. “A perspective on the Portuguese identity: the idea of modernity. A exposição do Mundo Português and Expo’98”. Kong, Mário S. M. Monteiro, Maria R. (eds.). 2019. Modernity, Frontiers and Revo¬lutions, 4th International Multidisciplinary Congress (PHI 2018), London: Taylor & Francisc Group. 145–151. ISBN 9780367023973 | Doi: https://doi.org/10.1201/9780429399831
- Neiva, Ana. “Deutsches ArchitekturMuseum’s “Architektur im 20. Jahrhundert” exhibition cycle. A synthesis on Modern European architecture at the edge of the new Millennium”. Tostões, Ana; Yamana, Yoshiyuki (eds.) 2021. The 16th Inter¬national Docomomo Conference Tokyo Japan 2020+1 Proceedings. Tokyo. ISBN 734-740-978-4-904700-76-13
- Neiva, Ana. “Entre a Curadoria e a Educação: processos de mediação em Arquitetura”. Neiva, Ana; Ginoulhiac, Marco; Coelho, Rodrigo. 2017. Ludic Architecture. Porto: Centro de Estudos de Arquitetura e Urbanismo, Faculdade de Arquitetura da Universidade do Porto. 120-129.
Peer reviewed Scientific Journals
- Neiva, Ana; Viana, Marta; Gomes, João Nuno. “Petites Follies”: Other Landscapes over Douro. UOU Scientific Jour¬nal. . Issue #02 December 2021. Sofia Aleixo (ed.). Follies. Alicante: University of Universities. ISSN: 2697-1518 | DOI: 10.14198/UOU.2021.2